A project managed by TIBU Maroc
More than 40% of the population of Morocco is currently under the age of 24. This generation is more likely to drop out of school (two out of three young people, on average) and faces a high rate of unemployment. According to a report published by the Office of the High Commissioner for Planning, Morocco’s statistics agency, around 66% of the unemployed are young people aged 15 to 29.
Some 82% of young people do not participate in any physical activity or cultural pastime, and 72% of their time is spent on non-productive activities that do not contribute to social welfare (the conclusions of the Moroccan Economic, Social and Environmental Council).
Against this backdrop, TIBU Maroc has committed itself to supporting the Government’s strategy by contributing to the mentoring and development of young Moroccans through participation in sport, in particular basketball.
- Promote the practice and educational values of basketball in Morocco
- Develop the motor, cognitive, social and emotional skills of children and young people aged between 4 and 18
- Foster the employment of young people aged 18 to 35 in the sports industry through targeted training programmes
- Develop the autonomy, perseverance, discipline and teamwork of the young leaders of tomorrow
- Contribute to sustainable environmental protection through sport and awareness raising
- Several flagship programmes are carried out in Morocco:
- TIBU Girls Camp and TIBU Basketball Camp providing an introduction to basketball
- TIBU Handibasket fostering the social inclusion of children with reduced mobility
- TIBU Basketball Academy offering elite basketball training for young people between the ages of 4 and 18
- University tournaments and National TIBU School Tour focusing on the development of school sport
- Construction of training centres around the country in partnership with the Moroccan Royal Basketball Federation (FRMBB)
- Sensitisation on environmental issues through the ” Think Green by ARMA ” national competition (launched in 2021 in partnership with ARMA Holding, a citizen Moroccan company)
- Awarding of scholarships, provision of sports equipment and teaching materials
See the TIBU Basketball Academy programme in action
- Since 2010, almost 38,000 children have been introduced to basketball
- 22 training and apprenticeship centres have been created by the association in 15 moroccan cities
- More than 500 young participants of the TIBU Basketball Academy
- Improved school results with rising overall averages and a reduction in school dropout rates and violence
- Improved living conditions in the towns and regions where TIBU Maroc’s programmes/centres are located
- 78 trained instructors and members of the TIBU team
- Partnerships have been formed with a number of Moroccan sporting associations to organise the camps
- More than 2,400 expected beneficiaries of the sensitisation campaign on environmental issues led in partnership with ARMA Holding
- Recurring needs for the different programmes
You are the manager of this project and you wish to modify/complete this form ? Do not hesitate to contact us through your account !