Yaoundé, the capital of Cameroon presents an institutional weakness in the structuring of local sports facilities in relation to the population according to the association. In addition, the notorious lack of sport organisations and associations acting at the national level leads to a significant number of deficiencies and has a strong impact on society. In fact, Idleness pushes young people towards excessive use of psychoactive substances, which contributes to the increase in the crime rate in Yaoundé and downgrade the wellness of the population.
In this context, the association Sport For Us is committed to creating new sports spaces and implementing a coherent sports policy based on local events. This initiative is an adapted solution to the realities of the country and will promote sport as a vector of an economic, social and sustainable development.
- Promote the practice of sport and democratise sports and associative activities in Cameroon
- Promote the values and virtues of sport in all areas of the population (school, association, prison…) in order to fight against idleness and excessive usage of psychoactive substances
- Promote autonomy and the emergence of small sport management structures
- Use sport as a vector of human and social development in Cameroon
- Team sports (Football, Basketball, Handball): Development of team spirit and leadership, strengthening of human values such as respect, politeness, dialogue, listening and enhancement of gender (gender equality)
- Individual Sports (Jogging, Sports Walking, Fitness): Development and strengthening of self-confidence, awareness of the benefits of sport on body and mind
- Cultural and associative activities: Development of mutual aid and creation of synergies between stakeholders, support for the creation, installation and maintenance of small sports spaces in the districts of the 7 target districts of Yaoundé
- Creation and/or rehabilitation of at least one sports area in each of the 7 target districts
- More than 200 youth participate directly in basketball training sessions each week and more than 100 youth indirectly affected in each district
- 110 young people (girls and boys) will be impacted by Cross fit/Fitness activities in each district of Yaoundé
- 805 young people will participate directly in football activities in the target districts
The total cost of the project is estimated at €6,100 (including all costs of rehabilitation of the target sports areas and the costs related to the organisation of activities), of which €1,500 is financed by the association.
The remaining amount to be financed is €4,600.