Project supported by Djerba Insolite
In Tunisia, young people and adolescents aged between 15 and 29 years represent one third of the population, and their integration is increasingly difficult. This leads to illegal immigration of young and old alike. These young people declare that they suffer from marginalisation and social exclusion due to their mental and social malaise.
Djerba Island, located in south-eastern Tunisia, is no different from the rest of Tunisia in terms of youth integration. Since 2017, the island has suffered from the almost total absence of spaces dedicated to cultural or sporting activities. A significant number of young people practice board sports (skateboarding, rollerblading, etc.). The practice is becoming popular and fashionable among young girls and boys despite the absence of parks. This leads to the practice of this extreme sport in undeveloped areas, which presents a great risk for these young people.
- Contribute to the empowerment of young people in difficulty so as to improve their social well-being through sport
- Share the cycling culture of the commune of Djerba
- The establishment of a bicycle area that includes a participatory repair workshop where young people can bring their bikes and learn to repair them as well as a bike park that offers the possibility of renting them independently.
- The organisation of sporting events to develop cycling in Djerba.
- The provision of a mini bike park representing an anchor point through which cyclists can rent or hand over bikes to one of the partner associations.
- The construction of a mini skateboard park with the installation of signposts displaying the safety rules of the games in partnership with the municipality of Houmt Souk in favour of young people passionate about this practice.
- Improvement of psychological well-being, self-esteem and avoidance of practices harmful to health (consumption of alcoholic substances, drugs, tobacco…)
- Sport will help young girls to integrate into groups and get rid of feelings of inferiority.
- The development of bicycle travel is one of the solutions for the ecological transition in the context of climate change