A project managed by SOS Casamance
Sport is king in the rural village of Diabir in southern Senegal. As in many villages in the region, when young people are not doing agricultural work, sport is often their only leisure activity.
The village has responded to their needs by making an undeveloped, unfenced 1,500 m² plot of land available, although it is difficult to play sport in these conditions.
Against this background, SOS Casamance was asked to build a boundary wall around the sports pitch to secure the area and encourage more young people, and girls in particular, to participate in sport.
- Build a boundary wall around the sports pitch in the village of Diabir
- Promote sport for all, especially girls and young people
- Improve sports facilities and equipment to create safe, healthy environments for sports practice
- Foster social cohesion and gender equality
- Involving young people and the local community in the construction of the wall
- Raising awareness of the importance of a safe environment for sports practice
- Installing handball and basketball facilities in the future
- 250 girls and boys in the village of Diabir will benefit from a safer environment
- Provision of a range of sports activities for the young people of the village
- Reduction in the juvenile delinquency rate
- Project cost: approximately €23,000
- Project supported in 2019 by the Agence Française de Développement and the European Guild
You are the manager of this project and you wish to modify/complete this form ? Do not hesitate to contact us through your account !