A project managed by Terres en Mêlées
Access to education is a major challenge in Burkina Faso. Drawing on its experience in four other countries, the Terres en Mêlées network launched the Rugbyna Faso project with the aim of using rugby as a tool for education through sport, strengthening social cohesion and promoting peace and culture in Burkina Faso.
In addition to these values, the organisation wants to raise young people’s awareness of sustainable development and eco-citizenship while promoting the empowerment, independence and acceptance of girls in society.
- Ensure that girls and boys in Burkina Faso have access to high-quality physical education activities
- Promote social cohesion, harmonious coexistence, citizenship and gender equality
- Raise awareness among young people of environmental protection, reforestation and sustainable agriculture issues
- Strengthen the capacities of local Terres en Mêlées teams
- Twice-weekly social and sports activities promoting education through rugby at nine different venues
- Local training in education through rugby in the three regions covered by the project (Centre, Centre-South and Central Plateau)
- Quarterly solidarity tournaments that bring together participants of the weekly sessions and local people for mixed social gatherings combining rugby and citizen awareness
- Training local coaches in the pedagogical approach developed by Terres en Mêlées
Find out more from the key players involved in Rugbyna Faso (video in French)
- Over 2,300 young beneficiaries of the programme, aged 6 to 18, between January 2020 and June 2021
- 32 local coaches have been trained in the Terres en Mêlées methodology
- Project cost: approximately €50,000
- Project supported in 2019 by the Agence Française de Développement and the European Guild
You are the manager of this project and you wish to modify/complete this form ? Do not hesitate to contact us through your account !