A project managed by Big Bang Ballers
A project managed by CDEPS Louga
Big Bang Ballers joined forces with CDEPS Louga in 2010 to use basketball as a vehicle for education and social cohesion. Weekly training sessions are open to all-comers aged 8 and over.
Beyond sport, the project is also educational: all the young athletes participate in local solidarity initiatives that benefit the youth of the city of Louga, children living in the surrounding rural communities and street children (known as talibés in Senegal).
Big Bang Ballers now aims to make the project financially independent by renovating the basketball court at CDEPS Louga.
- Renovate the CDEPS Louga basketball court and install an electricity supply
- Host income-generating activities and ensure the project’s financial autonomy
- Promote participation in sport and access to leisure activities
- Strengthen social cohesion, tolerance and respect for social diversity
- Weekly basketball training sessions for the youth of Louga, led by a qualified coach
- Solidarity initiatives led by young athletes for surrounding rural communities and talibé children
- Several hundred children from the Louga region have benefited from Big Bang Ballers’ activities since the launch of the project in 2013
- Training of coaches
- Project cost: approximately €23,000
- Project supported in 2019 by the Agence Française de Développement and the European Guild
You are the manager of this project and you wish to modify/complete this form ? Do not hesitate to contact us through your account !