A l'initiative de
The practice of basketball is becoming more and more popular in Africa. Côte d’Ivoire is one of these countries with a multitude of young talents who can play in the biggest national and international professional competitions. However, they are often hampered by a lack of resources and opportunities, limited access to qualified supervision and / or adequate equipment and infrastructure.
In this context, LaBase is committed to supporting these young talents, who often come from disadvantaged families, in their development through the construction of an innovative complex that can accommodate 500 young talents. The academy will be composed of 3 training fields, a FIBA-standard parquet floor, a multi-sport field, an administrative block, classrooms and rooms for the academicians.
In addition to academic and sports training, the main focus will be on training in agricultural skills with a view to promoting employability and contributing to the growth and development of these young talents.
- To develop, train and support academically, sportively and socially young talents by providing an innovative framework for learning and training
- To facilitate access to education, improve the quality of training and promote the employability of young people through the practice of basketball
- To support young talents in their sporting, educational and professional life paths
- To provide quality education and innovative training in agriculture through the practice of basketball and provide sustainable and innovative solutions to underprivileged populations
- To promote the academic success of future champions while developing their physical skills from primary school in collaboration with the Groupe Scolaire Sainte Marie Moisan de Koumassi
- To participate in gender equality in the Ivorian sports environment with the integration of women in the technical supervision of physical and sports activities of the academy
Sports training with innovative academic programmes adapted to the needs of young talents (secondary level)
Organisation of summer camps, annual tournaments and scouting days in Côte d’Ivoire and in the sub-region
Elaboration of a training programme specifically focused on the development of agricultural skills in Côte d’Ivoire
- Partnerships with local and international professional leagues for the development of basketball in Africa
- Identification and training of young talents and awarding of scholarships in collaboration with Canadian and American universities
- Formation of a professional team and participation in local and international basketball championships and / or tournaments
- 500 academics will be welcomed, trained and supported in their academic and sports careers
- 5 young talents will benefit each year from a scholarship in Canada or in the United States with the possibility of joining an elite sports programme
- 11 young talents, including 2 girls, have already received scholarships to study abroad thanks to the support of the association
- Promotion of the employability of young people from disadvantaged neighborhoods in Côte d’Ivoire through sport
- Deployment of sustainable development projects in the fields of livestock and agriculture
- Annual financial allocation dedicated to the Groupe Scolaire Sainte Marie Moisan school in Koumassi (which had 36 employees, 513 students in 2019) to ensure quality education for underprivileged children
The total project budget is estimated at approximately €17.4 M (mainly related to the construction of the infrastructure of the academy and first operational costs), of which €2.6 M financed by own funds (15% of the total cost).
The additional financing need is estimated at €14.8 M.