Within the framework of support to local initiatives and calls for projects to finance sport & development projects, LPERF has decided to intervene in the Democratic Republic of Congo to promote education through sport and strengthen social cohesion from an early age. Thus, the association develops the axes of Sport-Education and Sport-Health for these young girls and their well-being through key partnerships.
Indeed, LPERF has signed a partnership with the Foyer de l’Enfance located in Matumaini, a non-profit association with a humanitarian vocation based in Kinshasa whose mission is the education, the support and the protection of young girls (orphans and or in difficult family situations, victims of sexual violence, etc.).
This collaboration between LPERF and the Foyer aims to jointly create a program to promote gender equality through sport. Individual assistance is at the heart of the program with a view to helping these young girls in difficult situations to develop, blossom, and discover themselves. The realisation of these actions will be done in full cooperation with the public authorities.
- To promote the practice of sports among young girls in difficult situations;
- To increase the media coverage of women’s sports practices among the school public;
- To work on prejudices in favour of equal treatment in sports and other physical activities;
- To fight against all forms of discrimination (sexism, homophobia, racism, linked to handicap…);
- To train the club’s sports supervisors, institutions and professional sportsmen and women in order to encourage the transmission of knowledge to young people.
- Setting up training workshops and sports initiation (boxing and several other sports) supervised by a qualified sportsman and sports trainers from a club;
- Setting up physical activity sessions to develop the self-confidence of young girls through the practice of boxing and other sports;
- Workshops on gender, equality issues and awareness sessions on violence against women and girls;
- Training and capacity building of the Foyer’s supervisors in the organisation of sports events;
- Structuring and deployment of an education program based on sports
- Improvement of the education of these women within the Foyer;
- Strengthening and accompanying the development and well-being of the girls;
- Psychosocial capacities of young women and better living together for all improved through sport;
- Territorial anchoring and networking with the ecosystem of the territory (local public authorities, partnership with local companies and educational and social territorial network.