A project managed by Entraide Guinée
A project supported by the Guinean Ministry of Social Action
In partnership with UNICEF and the Guinean National Institute of Educational Research, the Ministry of Social Action seeks to promote the social inclusion of persons with disabilities or visual impairments. Created in 2010, Sogué school is the only school in Guinea for visually impaired pupils.
The project – managed by the association Entraide Guinée – aims to renovate a sports pitch and implement sporting activities adapted to the needs of the school. The renovations are scheduled to be completed in the second half of 2020.
By participating in collective physical and sporting activities, in particular blind football, young blind persons, who are often marginalised, are able to develop core values such as team spirit, self-confidence and a sense of belonging to the community.
Blind football sessions will involve the participation of both sighted and blind players in order to raise awareness among young people of the situation of persons with disabilities.
- Enable young people with disabilities or visual impairments to participate in a regular sporting activity
- Foster the social inclusion of visually impaired young people in Guinea
- Ensure that young people with disabilities have access to quality education
- Raise young people’s awareness of the situation of persons with disabilities
- Turning the school’s uneven ground into a recreation area and sports pitch suitable for sporting activities for pupils with visual impairments
- Training teachers in sports played by visually impaired pupils, particularly blind football
- Providing introductory and training sessions in blind football involving both sighted and visually impaired young people
- Project benefiting all pupils – girls and boys aged 6 to 16 – at Sogué school and around 15 children who are invited to participate in special activities
- 80 visually impaired children taking part in regular physical activity
- 14 teachers at Sogué school trained in sports methods adapted to visually impaired pupils
- Project cost: around €20,000
- Project supported in 2019 by the Agence Française de Développement and the European Guild
You are the manager of this project and you wish to modify/complete this form ? Do not hesitate to contact us through your account !